Drug possession charges are serious and deserve serious representation. We are committed to fighting for our clients and providing the best defense. We represent clients accused of drug possession throughout New Jersey courts. It is important to remember that if you have been arrested or charged with possession of illegal drugs, do not talk to the police of prosecutor, talk to an attorney first. You should not make any statements to the police without consulting an attorney first.
Contact us today to ensure your rights are protected, 732-377-2005.
When we investigate a client’s case we look at the following:
• Were the drugs gained through an illegal search and seizure?
• Was there probable cause for a traffic stop or search?
• If you were charged with possession with intent to distribute, the charge may have been based on possession of drug paraphernalia, a large amount of cash, or a scale. There is always the potential to have charges of intent to distribute reduced to simple possession.
• Was the marijuana, cocaine, hash, or heroin really in your possession?
• Were you read your Miranda rights as soon as you were arrested or you did not feel free to leave?
• Were the drugs found on your person when a police officer was patting you down for a weapon?
Answers to these questions may lead to dismissal of charges, a reduction to a lesser charge in a plea-bargain or winning a not-guilty verdict at trial.